In the second half of 2014, Newtec conducted a comprehensive industry survey to understand the key challenges broadcasters (and the entire satcom industry) face today and in the near future. Respondents included satellite operators, service providers and end-users, the latter being mainly private or public broadcasters or service providers in the broadcast industry.
Our results provide an answer to the following questions challenging our broadcast industry:
- How are today's networks being used? And what about tomorrows's networks?
- How reducing OPEX is possible: a view on capacity usage.
- How to efficiently use network resources across linear and non-linear workflows.
- Why clear separation of protocol layers and applications are a prerequisite for interoperability.
- Why network automation is key and hybrid networks are the future.