At the CABSAT 2014 show in Dubai, UAE, Satellite Markets and Research Editor-in-Chief Virgil Labrador spoke with Steven Soenens, VP-Product Management and Didier Tymen, VP-Sales, EMEA, Newtec on the newly launched Newtec Dialog® platform.
In below's video Steven and Didier adressing the following topics around the Newtec Dialog platform, a scalable and flexible multiservice satellite communications platform that allows satellite service providers to build and adapt their network easily as their business grows:
- Why did Newtec launch Newtec Dialog? What are the main drivers?
- What is the impact of this new platform? And which applications can be addressed?
- What does it mean "taking the best of two worlds" to optimize the return channel?
- How to combine SCPC with MF-TDMA?
- How to start with a small hub for smaller business and grow later?
- How is this platform being managed?
- Different types of modems
- Is there need in the region? [Africa, Europe, Middle East; and global]
- Different network sizes
- New DVB-S2X standard.
There are embedded animations in the video to better understand how the Newtec Dialog platform is working incl. it's new technologies.