Bringing insights from the satellite space, the July edition of Teletimes International features an exclusive interview with Newtec CEO Thomas Van den Driessche who talks about the changing market landscape and Newtec’s business strategy.
- As the new CEO, have you made any changes to Newtec’s business strategy in terms of where it’s heading?
- What role do you think will satellite companies play in Internet of Things (IoT)?
- We have seen some consolidation amongst satellite companies in the past few years? As the market becomes more and more competitive, do you think the satellite industry will go through the same trend as the telecom companies a decade ago? (meaning will the satellite industry see consolidation and result in a few very large companies as opposed to multiple players of various sizes and potential?)
- What will be the impact of SpaceX’ achievement regarding the substantial reduction in satellite launch costs? Will this translate into a higher number of satellites in space? Do you think it will encourage companies to replace old satellites with newer, more capable ones?
- How is HTS technology transforming the market?
- Which areas (both geographical and industry verticals) do you see as most profitable for satellite companies in the coming future? What will be the focus of Newtec?
Thank you Teletimes International for this interview!
Dowload the PDF interview as extract from the magazine here.