Richard Schaap, Market Director Broadband Access & Executive Director Business Development, was interviewed by WTA at AfricaCom 2016 on the connectivity trends in Africa and what Newtec is doing to address these.
The African continent has a lot of potential for the Satcom market. Watch Richard’s interview and hear also about the following trends:
- New satellites and capacity for the African market
- The growing mobility market
- Newtec Dialog as multiservice platform (This is the survey Richard has mentioned)
- Large consumer broadband market in Africa
- Wi-Fi hotspots as solution for rule areas, especially in Africa
Since 1985, the World Teleport Association (WTA) has been the only trade association that focuses on the business of satellite communications from the ground up. At the core of its membership are the world's most innovative operators of teleports, from independents to multinationals, niche service providers to global hybrid carriers.