This presentation took place on 14 November 2013, more information is available below. Click on the button to view the presentation.
- Martin Coleman, Executive Director, IRG
- Steven Soenens, VP Product Management, Newtec
Introduction by Kerstin Roost, PR Director, Newtec
Satellite Radio Frequency Interference is high on the agenda of satellite operators, broadcasters and service providers. Using Carrier Identification (Carrier ID) is key to reduce the impact of RF interference significantly.
According to our joint Carrier ID survey with the satellite Interference Reduction Group (IRG), 93% of respondents suffer from satellite interference at least once a year, more than half encounter it at least once a month and 17% continuously in their day to day operations.
The topic has moved from talking about satellite interference to taking actions. The recent WBU-ISOG resolution, issued in July 2013, sets the requirement to have Carrier ID implemented in your satellite infrastructure by January 1, 2018.
During this free webinar and subsequent Q&A session:
- we focused on providing real answers to the questions "When, Where, and How to implement Carrier ID".
- we presented the survey results of a joint Newtec-IRG survey on Carrier ID.
- participants received the survey results e-book (download here)