Event: Satellite Innovation Symposium 2017, October 2 - 3, Mountain View, United States
Type: Speaking Slot with Panel Discussion
Speaker: Kevin McCarthy, VP Market Development, Newtec
Topic: "Ground-Based Ecosystems of the Future"
This session will address following topics:
- Ground systems and end-user equipment are making tremendous advances, often merging in form, fit and function. With continued improvements in size, efficiency and power consumption, how closely will the ground architecture of the future resemble what’s available today?
- How does the potential for increasingly robust autonomous TT&C change the design of satellites and the mechanics of ground segment management?
- With improving modulation techniques is there a limit to bits per hertz?
- How can equipment manufacturers best adapt to changing demands?
- What new manufacturing technology & new equipment in development are coming to market and are likely to provide the most disruption to this long established bedrock of the satellite communications industry?
- How might alternative antenna designs influence large-scale ground systems?