Event: CommunicAsia 2016, May 31 - June 3, 2016, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
Type: Speaking slot
Speaker: Serge Van Herck, CEO, Newtec
Conference Track: SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS: The Deployment Forum
Topic: HTS Deployments: Learning from Leaders
Asia was the forerunner of HTS capacity with the launch of the iPSTAR satellite more than decade ago. In the next few years, Asia is set to experience a capacity boom with the entrance of programs that include NBN, Inmarsat GlobalExpess, Intelsat EpicNG among others. Europe and the US have forged HTS businesses successfully but not without trails, tribulations and a readjustment or tweaking of the business case.
As part of the track “HTS Monetisation & Deployment Strategies”, this session will examine key issues and answer questions that include:
- What worked and what failed in Europe and the US?
- In terms of lessons learned, what should be emulated from the European and US experience and what should be avoided?
- What factors, elements and trends differ in Europe and the US with that of Asia?
- Is HTS in Asia purely a free market proposition or is there a key role for governments to play?
- Are the applications, customers, verticals in Asia the same as that of Europe and the US in terms of strategic targeting?
This session will be moderated by Jose Del Rosario, Head of Research at Northern Sky Research (NSR).
Join our CEO Serge Van Herck talking about HTS implementations, trends and technologies in his presentation followed by a Q&A sessions.