OD6000 Satellite Demodulator Board
The OD6000 R2.1 board is the first high-end professional DVB-S2X demodulator board able to process data rates up to 190 Mbit/s and operate in high-order modulation schemes up to 64APSK. Available to third party manufacturers under OEM agreement, the high performance OD6000 is the best solution for the demodulation of DVB-S/S2/S2X carriers in IRDs.
- DVB-S2X, DVB-S2 and DVB-DSNG/S standard compliant
- QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK, 32APSK & 64APSK (under license)
- Single Transport Stream output based upon ISI filtering
- Baseband frames output (under license)
- Support of Multistream and VCM operation
- Data rates up to 190 Mbit/s
- Baud rate up to 60 MBaud
- 4 x L-band input
- Automatic MODCOD detection
- Adaptive equalizer
- LNB power and control
- Monitoring and control via I²C
- Clean Channel Technology®
- For use in Integrated Receiver Decoders
- For satellite services such as broadcast primary distribution or contribution (including Digital Satellite News Gathering)
- For Data broadcast receivers
- For Data Monitoring
- Reduce time to market
- Easy integration
- High compactness
- Low cost
- Guaranteed interoperability with DVB-S2X modulators
Being fully compliant with the newest standard for Digital Video Broadcasting over Satellite (DVB-S2X), the Newtec OEM Satellite Demodulator Board OD6000 R2.1 offers the following advantages:
- Same form factor as the former NTC/7044 OEM demodulator boards
- 4 x L-band input selectable by software command
- Newtec Clean Channel Technology® compliant
- Support of the DVB-S, DVB-DSNG, DVB-S2 and DVB-S2X standards
- Single +5V DC power supply
- Single 140-pins or 50-pins legacy connector for power supply, management and data interfaces
- Management over I²C interface under a Binary Message Format
- SPI interface for enhanced software upload (only with 140- pins connector)
In its default configuration, the demodulator board is capable of demodulating an MPEG2 transport stream in DVB-S, DVB-DSNG and DVB-S2/S2X. The Multistream, VCM modes of DVB-S2/ S2X are also supported. Only one Transport Stream out of a multistream carrier can be output, by defining the ISI marker of the selected stream.
The OD6000 has a 4 x L-band input (950-2150 MHz). The active input is selectable and can provide DC power and frequency band selection signals compatible with most professional and commercial LNBs.
The demodulator board delivers an MPEG transport stream on a parallel DVB-SPI output. If the demodulated carrier is a Multistream signal, the OD6000 can filter and output one of the transport streams, and the ISSY (Input Stream Synchroniser) mechanism as defined in the DVB-S2(X) standard is activated to recover the initial data rate. Alternatively, the board can output the Baseband frames on the same parallel DVB-SPI output.
To compensate for linear distortion in the transmission channel, the OD6000 is equipped with an adaptive equalizer.
The demodulator board can be controlled via an I²C link with a comprehensive range of monitoring and control functions.
Clean Channel Technology® is available on the demodulator. Clean Channel Technology further improves satellite efficiency by up to 15% compared to the current DVB-S2 standard.
Need help with your project?
We'll advise you
Contact your regional support or sales team for help and detailed information.
Get in contact