INTELSAT: Newtec Dialog deployed for next-generation services with IntelsatOne Prism
Intelsat S.A. (NYSE: I) is the world’s leading provider of satellite services, delivering high performance connectivity solutions for media, fixed and mobile broadband infrastructure, enterprise and government and military applications for more than 50 years. Intelsat’s satellite, teleport and fiber infrastructure sets the standard for transmissions of video and broadband services.
At NAB 2015 (Las Vegas), Intelsat introduced IntelsatOne® Prism IP-based services: a new paradigm in media networking and content distribution, allowing customers to easily upgrade a legacy satellite-based network to a next-generation, fully automated, hybrid satellite and terrestrial converged IP network. IntelsatOne Prism accommodates legacy and digital / multi-screen media, as well as optimizing network efficiency to enable customers to do much more for less cost.
With the award-winning Newtec Dialog® multiservice platform at the core of IntelsatOne Prism, Intelsat allows media customers to manage multiple types of video content delivery and other IP applications, including linear video, file transfer, VoIP, Internet access and data exchange, via a single platform to optimize bandwidth and deliver high-quality media content in a cost-efficient and seamless manner, regardless of location.
IntelsatOne Prism simultaneously coordinates several services and applications sharing the same space segment, while optimizing quality of service and offering simple, automated operations for customers.
With IntelsatOne Prism, customers can:
- Simplify operations with easy management of satellite and fiber capacity.
- Implement digital media networking to address the new multi-screen world.
- Simplify content delivery for legacy and digital media within one network, relying on one vendor, one contact and one phone number.
- Improve bandwidth management and scheduling.
- Begin quickly and with minimal investment, with no upfront costs and investment only in remote terminals.