As the release date for the new standard by DVB for satellite communications (S2 Extensions) approaches, all markets, including Government and Defense, are starting to assess the relevance of switching their operations towards the new standard.
"Is A New SATCOM Standard Relevant For The MILSATCOM Market?" is what Koen Willems, Market Director Government and Defense at Newtec, is discussing in Milsat Magazine's October 2013 issue.
This is what you can learn by reading Koen's artilce:
- 7 Technology Improvements of S2 Extensions
- Lower Roll-Offs
- Advanced Filtering for Improved Carrier Spacing
- Supporting Different Network Configurations
- Increased MODCOD Granularity
- Higher Modulation Schemes Up To 64APSK
- Better MODCOD Implementation
- Wideband Implementation
- Results and Efficiency Gains of S2 Extensions
- Importants of Standards
- Required Efficiency Level and Switch-over Timeframe to New Standards
- Usage of Extra Bandwidth
- Newtec’s contribution to the New Standard
- More about Newtec's Government and Defense SATCOM Seminar in Brussels
You'll find this artilce on page 52-55 of the Milsat Magazine (PDF) or via the online version.