This e-book 'Carrier ID Demystified' is explaining what Carrier ID (CID) is, how it works, when the transition to CID is set to really start, where to buy and what the industry is thinking about Carrier ID implementation.
Joined Forces with IRG
In July 2013, the Satellite Interference Reduction Group (IRG) and Newtec joined forces to poll the industry about Carrier ID , in order to gauge the industry’s understanding, experience, concerns, and perspective, relating to CID and satellite interference in general. CID can improve the transmission Quality of Service (QoS) experience and reduce operating expense. During the 2012 Olympics, 50% of satellite operators transmissions were implemented with Carrier ID with a reduction in interference really noticeable over previous tournaments. With other sporting events such as the Winter Olympics, the FIFA World Cup and the Commonwealth Games coming up, CID will be even more desirable.
But, is the industry ready? This is something we really wanted to find out with our industry survey, where close to 500 respondents have shared their opinion.
This E-Book Covers
- Carrier ID, What’s It All About?
- How It Works
- Newtec's Product Supporting Carrier ID
- and the Industry Survey Results on the questions:
(1) How often do you suffer from interference?
(2) Within what timeframe will you be implementing Carrier ID?
(3) What is the most important thing that needs to be done to overcome satellite interference?
(4) How important are standards such as DVB Carrier ID (DVB-CID) for you to overcome satellite interference?
(5) What is your most compelling reason to implement CID?
(6) What would be your biggest argument against a Carrier ID implementation?
(7) Where did you learn about Carrier ID?
Get more information on Carrier ID and download the Carrier ID FAQ on the IRG website.