Speaker: Steven Soenens, VP Product and Market Management
Topic: Is 4K Ready for Prime Time? Hear What BT, Ericsson, Intelsat, Newtec and Sony Have to Say About It
Intelsat, BT, Ericsson, Newtec and Sony cordially invite you to a 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) discussion and transmission of a live event via satellite at CommunicAsia 2014.
For the first time, executives from all 4K ecosystem partners will be together to discuss and address questions around the current state of 4K, the ecosystem's commercial readiness, and how and when 4K could enter the market from their point of view.
Presenters will include:
- Mark Wilson-Dunn, VP, Global Sales and Marketing Director, BT Media & Broadcast
- Fabio Murra, Head of Portfolio Marketing, TV Compression, Ericsson
- Ken Takagi, Director, Managed Services Media, Intelsat
- Steven Soenens, VP Product and Market Management, Newtec
- Chris Grey, General Manager, Marcomms, Sony Professional Solutions Asia Pacific, Sony
The 4K UHD demonstration will feature a replay of the Saracens vs. Gloucester rugby match that was captured 'live' from London.
- 4K/UHD, encoded, transmitted via fiber and satellite, and decoded in real time
- TRUE 4K transmission: A 4:2:2, 10-bit, 4K/UHD signal at 60 frames per second
- Get more informaiton including the setup block diagram
Intelsat will host a cocktail reception in their booth following the discussion and demonstration.