Event: Satellite Russia & CIS 2018, April 19 - 20, Moscow, Russia
Type: Round table
Speaker: Andrei Dmitriev, VP Market Development, Newtec
Topic: "VSAT market: Growth opportunities"
Join this session to get insights on:
- Total VSAT market dynamic in Russia in 2017-2018
- The impact of the program for bridging the digital gaps and construction of fiber optic lines in remote regions (such as Norilsk) on the satellite broadband market.
- Role of foreign satellite service providers on the Russian market of satellite broadband
- Outlook for satellite broadband market in light of spectrum issued to Inmarsat GlobalXpress by the Russian State Commission for Radio Frequencies and upcoming launch of low-orbit satellite constellations (OneWeb, Leosat, GMISS, Skif and others).
- VSAT operator’s role in broadband ecosystem following the commercial launch of 5G networks.
- Market repercussions of rejection by the State Commission for Radio Frequencies on Dec. 28, 2017 of the decision to allow using Ka-band satellite systems on the move.
- Risks for satellite communications market from transferring part of the C-band (3.4-3.6 GHz) to mobile service providers for 5G networks.