Event: 5G World, June 11 - 13, London, England
Type: Speaking Slot
Speaker: Semir Hassanaly, Market Director Mobile Backhaul & Trunking, Newtec
Topic: "Where will satellite sit in the delivery of 5G functionality?"
Join this session to get insights on Unlocking Opportunities via Satellite: Beyond the Backhaul Opportunity & Paradigm Shifting Integration with “the Network"
- LTE, 3G and 2G networks over satellite – What is the state of play today?
- Satellite backhaul: Pre-5G networks - An appraisal of 4G/LTE
- Satellite networks optimisation & IP cellular traffic
- Satellite in the core: Various system architectures & 5G
- Where will satellite sit in the delivery of 5G functionality?
- Satellite bandwidths, throughput & constellation architectures
- The latency debate: The can, the can’t, the trade-offs of integration over satellite
- Achieving scalable, flexible, backhaul
- Macro-cells to femto- and pico-cells: Challenges for the satellite backhaul vendors
- Enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB): meeting demand for increasingly digital lifestyles
- Ultra-reliable and Low-latency Communications (uRLLC): meeting expectations from digital industry
- Massive Machine Type Communications (mMTC): meeting demand for a further developed digital society
- Regulatory and spectrum harmonisation