The system consists of an antenna pointing tool that can be optionally ordered with any Newtec Dialog modem, combined with advanced software embedded in the indoor modem.
Point&Play® allows the installer (be it a professional installer or the end-user) to easily position the antenna correctly by identifying the satellite and providing feedback on both signal quality and lock.
The Point&Play system does not require any software to be installed on the end-users’ computer.
The value of Point&Play for service providers & installers
- Differentiates the service against the competition
- Lowers the total price of the end-user investment
- Increases end-user satisfaction by giving options
- Lowers the operational cost of the service provider
- Improves the competitiveness of the service provider
- Increases market penetration by creating more distribution channels
- Creates extra revenue streams.
- No GPS coordinates necessary
- Easy antenna pointing within minutes without the need for expensive antenna pointing tools
- Correct satellite identification
- Satellite signal quality feedback
- Correct Satellite lock feedback
- No computer pointing software required
- Zero end-user configuration of the IP modem
- Fast & automated commissioning of the terminal
The system merely consist of a small antenna pointing tool that communicates with the modem. Point&Play allows the installer to easily and correctly point the antenna through an automatic satellite identification tool while an auditive signal provides feedback on for optimal signal quality. Point&Play provides automatic certification for correct pointing and cross poll setting both to the user and to the network operator.
Need help with your project?
We'll advise you
Contact your regional support or sales team for help and detailed information.
Get in contact